Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Week 3, thing 5




Many exploration hours later...I have found features about this tool that will wow students and teachers alike.  Still find it tricky to navigate to a particular tag that I want.  
Amazing what the Hubble telescope is showing us about outer space - never realized there could be so much color in that dark outer space. I appreciate the simplicity of typing in "public" to find pictures that students can use w/o violating copyright. 
Note:  To view you'll need to click on the blue ? - I tried posting the url as well as this public domain NASA picture.  Sixth grade does a space unit & I am always on the look out for sites that allow students to upload w/o a great deal of searching time.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

What an amazing photo! I too found that I could spend way too long exploring in Flickr. I think that students would be able to easily find images that they are looking for, but I think that I would be leery of students finding things that didn't have a G rating.

Sharon