Thursday, July 10, 2008

Week 3, thing 6


I enjoyed discovering mappr - found a teacher in Shishmaref who had interesting photos about several soc. study units that she did as a tutorial.  I'll be putting the idea in my "tech" idea box.  She had pictures of students doing a variety of projects & she posted the captions.  My concept would be to let students take pictures of the process and caption - would be a quick assestment of their understanding of a project as a tech lesson.  As Elaine points out though it would be best for students to take their own pictures requiring a school to have multiple cameras - a good idea.  But take a look at the trading card - for a library lesson for students learning the Dewey sys.  Thought I could have 4th or 5th grade using cameras to create trading cards that younger student could use for a game during the down time.  A 2 for one! By the way this is my golden, Cedar who is part of my Avatar as well.

3 comments:

Raven About Web 2.0 Team said...

Those two-for-one ideas are the best!

Angela's photos of what she did in Shishmaref are fantastic! I'd love to know how you found them. Don't you wish more folks would share ideas that way? Or perhaps WE just need to spend more time searching out what has been posted ??? Imagine though if each teacher or better yet student shared one great idea a year!

Katie

AK Sunshine said...

I love these ideas...the lesson and the trading card! I am thinking of doing something similar with my fairy tale unit. I'll post to the wiki when I have the details all worked out.
I am also thinking of using mappr for my own personal use, keeping track of our travels and photos.
Cedar is beautiful! My dude is in my avatar, I guesss I should include a photo of him on my blog somewhere. He is a GoldenDoodle - Barley.
DeAnne

smith said...

Free Slots
Look 우리카지노 out for no deposit bonuses, free spins and much more