Elaine's comment about report cards is valid - particularly as performance base report cards engage parents as learning partners rather than just recipients of another person's opinion of their child's work.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Week 5, Thing 12
I do like voice thread's communal interaction and seemingly ease of use. Perhaps students who are reluctant or unable to give oral summaries will find this more comfortable venue. After watching the math tutorial there was no doubt in my mind that the student knew exactly what she was doing. Obviously students who already understood would be able to move ahead while students who didn't could review. Background noise is something to be aware of when recording.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have to admit that I think VT is the best thing since sliced bread :-) I love the interactive and meta-cognitive aspects of it and think it will be a very powerful tool for learners.
Ann
The TTLs had some great ideas that were shared on using voicethreads for creating poetry. It really helps students who have difficulty in putting things down on paper, paper being the final product. But when they knew we were going to produce on a multimedia level, their ideas began to flow. Of course we had the other group of students who were shy about being "on air", but we created a place where they could record in private and after that first production....they wanted more. It's a great tool that grabs the attention of our students. What a great motivational tool!
Post a Comment