Saturday, July 19, 2008

Week 5, Thing 11

 Vu-find was enlightening considering last year's discussion of the desired features for the District OPAC.  Features like having the cover of the book as part of the search were a given, the ability to redefine searches were all part of their new and ongoing package.  Listening to the video it underscored our text's position that work environments will have no physical restrictions.  In the introduction the developer states in an effort to develop an OPAC that would be valuable to multiple users it was not just Villa Nova that is developing this tool.   
  However I am struck by the title of this week... "Play".  I think I play in a totally different way than my students and enjoy it more.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Mmmm maybe you can share how you 'play' with the students and give them some pointers! I fear too many of our students are left to play on their own w/all the technology their parents buy for them.