The 7 1/2 habits of lifelong learners was interesting. The crucial thing for me was #5: the toolbox. As I mentioned I am comfortable with using the computer for e-mail but our school has very little interest in technology so when I have taken classes I have information, some desire but few ways to implement needless to say the information is quickly lost. So in my toolbox I have a good friend and fellow librarian who is a marvelous techie who is part of "raven 2.0". We are meeting once a week to keep each other on track as well as help each other over hurdles. Susan gets the benefit of mentoring me. I provide the questions that students may pose and Susan and I problem solve from a different view point.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
week 1, thing 1 & thing 2
#1. I feel like I should be posting in blue - you know Dr. Seuss Thing 1 and Thing 2. Can you tell I am an elementary librarian who is more at home with books than technology? That's why I think that this online class may be the way to explore these web tools. I rarely have time during the school year to do more than check e-mails so attempting this in the summer allows me to explore without other priorities infringing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cyndi,
I can't think of a better tool for your toolbox than a techie friend!! I can identify with you as far as never having the time during the school year to pursue new technology features when one is in a school that doesn't place a high priority on technology. That is exactly why I thought this class was such a great introduction to the Web 2.0 features that one hears about both from colleagues and students. If at the end of the class you can now relate to those folks the class will have been worthwhile. If you can adopt or adapt a feature or two for use in your library that will be spectacular. If you can teach some students either via a Web 2.0 feature or about a Web 2.0 feature you'll be at the top of my book!! So, go for it but have some fun too. The students will definitely relate to that!
Katie
Katie
Post a Comment